Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Drake < Jimmy

So, for those of you who have been living under a rock for the past few weeks, the new Drake album "Thank Me Later" was released a few days ago. Personally, I'm a fan of his music. I haven't bought the new album (yet), but I have liked all the songs he has released so far.

I believe it was around a year ago when I first heard his song "Best I Ever Had." I didn't really know who this Drake character was, but I jammed out to the song whenever I had the chance. Then...I saw him on T.V....and almost had a heart attack.

I'll explain myself...

One Summer, during our early college years, my sister and I discovered this Canadian teen soap opera called Degrassi: The Next Generation. It was incredibly cheesy, but for some reason we got sucked into it. This cable channel called The N would play episodes of it late at night, which is usually when she and I would be hanging around together (keep in mind, we were both still living at home during the summers at this point ha). For several years afterward, I would watch Degrassi randomly whenever I saw that it was on, and I basically watched all the teenage characters grow up.

The reason I was so shocked when I saw Drake on T.V. is because he played a character on Degrassi named "Jimmy." He was on the show for several seasons and even got shot in an episode, which led to him being in a wheelchair.

Forgive me if I'm telling you something you already know, but in case you are as shocked as I was to find out that this new phenomenon of a rapper (who supposedly dated Rhianna) was previously a cheesy soap opera actor, check out THIS CLIP.

I'll never get passed it. Every time I hear a song of his or see his face, I picture "Jimmy" being shot in the back. I may or may not have cried during that episode. Probably shouldn't share that with people.

1 comment:

  1. I totally watched this crap too. But I also used to watch the soap Sunset Beach, where they remade the Poseidon Adventure one summer. Don't feel too bad.

    ReplyDelete