Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Josh the Cat.

On Sunday, I returned from my previously mentioned Florida beach vacation. To say that Laura and I had fun would be an understatement. It was an incredibly relaxing time (we definitely napped every day), but we also did our fair share of going out on the town.

We stayed with Laura's Aunt Bill who I had only met once before, but she is quite the character. She's one of the smartest women ever, I'm convinced. She has a million degrees, she started some sort of lab to help heal babies born to drug addicts, and she has written several books. GENIUS. She has lived an incredibly interesting life.

Instead of having children, Aunt Bill has dedicated her nurturing side to multiple cats. She currently has four, which was entertaining to both Laura and I since we are VERY allergic, ha. There's Jake (the Baby), Sydney (the Nervous One), Toby (the Fattest Cat Alive, literally), and Josh. Our favorite, by far, was Josh. Josh the Cat. For some reason, we found it extremely comical that there is a cat named Josh...Joshua. I suppose that's because it seems like such a "human" name.

Below, you can find a picture of Josh hanging out in his favorite spot--on top of the DVR box. This was probably one of the only times during the entire trip that he wasn't staring at me. He officially hated me from our first encounter, probably because I shooed him away when he tried to cuddle. We also had a waiter named Josh on our last day in Florida. He judged me for ordering a cheeseburger...no big deal. We decided Joshes like to judge.


The only thing we didn't take full advantage of while in Florida was the sun, as odd as that sounds. We went STRAIGHT to the beach upon arrival and layed out for an hour or two. I was a little rosy afterwards, but poor Laura got the full wrath of Mr. Sun (hence her 3 a.m. Facebook status update saying, "I'm a Lobster"). We still went to the beach every day, regardless, but stayed under the umbrella the majority of the time.


Right by where the above picture was taken is a little boutique called Soho. They had a lot of cute stuff (I got a rockin' new cocktail ring there) including a large collection of monokinis, which are sort of a one piece swimsuit/bikini hybrid for those who aren't familiar with the term. I tried on this AMAZING black one, but for some reason talked myself out of buying it. I'm really kicking myself for it. I've been searching online for something similar, but, so far, nothing measures up. I'm actually considering calling Soho and seeing if they'll ship it to me...I'm a freak. I know. What can I say? I know what I want...sometimes :)


Let Summer roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment