Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Long Time, No Blog.

First of all, I apologize for not drafting any new posts lately. I wouldn't necessarily say I've been uninspired, but I've definitely been incredibly busy. My days have been booked to the brim the last couple of weeks--especially the weekends. I've been having a lot of fun with my cooler than cool friends (probably too much fun). I should be very thankful for this, I suppose. So, thanks to those of you who have been keeping me so occupied, haha.

Honestly, I haven't had anything worth blogging about in the last couple of weeks...until today.

I'm a provisional (or "pledge," basically) in the Jr League of Ft Worth. We're required to volunteer at the League's upscale resale shop called Double Exposure, or D.E. for short. The D.E. has a very large inventory of clothes, shoes and home goods--the majority of which have been donated by League members and provisionals. While volunteering, we spend most of our time sorting through new donations and straightening the things that are already out on the floor. It's a pretty cool gig. At our first provisional meeting, they told us that their best customers are the League members, but up until now, I hadn't really found anything there worth spending money on.

Today, I spent the first hour or so of my volunteer time sizing and reorganizing the women's suits and evening attire. That's where I came across my first two purchases...




The top pictured above is by far my favorite of the two. The picture doesn't really do it justice because you can't see how intricate the beading is all over it. I didn't even try it on before buying it (can you say impulse shopper???), but upon arriving home I found that it's the perfect length to wear with my black Joe's jeggings or even white jeans, perhaps. I honestly almost shed a tear because I love it so much. The scalloped edges might be my favorite feature.

The other top, which I don't have a picture of (sorry), is going to be saved for Fall/Winter. It's long sleeved with an all-over black and white sequin check print. I promise it isn't as Bozo the Clown-ish as it sounds, haha.

Needless to say, I scored both of them for under $17.00 (WHAT WHAT!). Partly because the D.E. is having a Fourth of July Sale and everything in the store is 25% off. It must be my lucky day!

I'll be heading back to Lake Eufaula for, what I will momentarily dub, "Holiday Weekend Debauchery Round 2: Party in the U.S.A." (just made that up, in case you couldn't tell). I'm ridiculously excited. I'm sure I'll come back with many hilarious stories and memories--most of which probably won't be appropriate for sharing, haha.

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!! GO AMERICA!

No comments:

Post a Comment